Students attending COM may apply for a Carl Perkins grant to help cover the cost of child care.

The grant is open to single parents who are full or part-time students, and funds are given based on student need. Students must have a FAFSA on file. The grant is $80 per week per child, up to two children.

Students may apply in the COM Financial Aid Office.

Students may also apply now for federal financial aid (Pell grants) for summer or fall 2016 classes. Pell grants do not have to be repaid.

For more information, contact Carl Gordon at 409-933-8246 or