Gulf Coast Safety Institute
Gulf Coast Safety Institute
The Gulf Coast Safety Institute was established in 2007 to provide safety and health training and education to workers and employers. Additionally, the Gulf Coast Safety Institute is an OSHA Challenge Program Administrator mentoring over 50 companies in improving their Safety and Health Management System to potentially achieve OSHA’s Voluntary Protection Program STAR status.
The Gulf Coast Safety Institute currently operates three Centers of Excellence:
Upcoming Classes and Events through February 2018
- OSHA 10 & 30 Hour OSHA Outreach Training*. Presented by Gulf Coast Safety Institute. The Gulf Coast Safety Institute (GCSI) offers courses for both general industry and construction workers. All courses listed are taught by OSHA authorized outreach instructors. Training is intended to provide... (more).
- 1/23/18 - 1/24/18, OSHA 10 Hour Construction in English*. Presented by Texas Department of Insurance. The two-day course is presented by OSHA accredited instructors and designed to train employers and employees in the basics of construction safety, including specific OSHA standards and requirements. The class... (more).
- 2/5/18 - 2/8/18, OSHA 500 - Trainer Course for Construction. Presented by University of Texas at Arlington. This course is designed for individuals interested in teaching the OSHA 10 and 30 hour construction safety and health Outreach Training Program to their employees and other interested groups... (more).
- 2/8/18 - 2/12/18, OSHA 5400 - Trainer Course for the Maritime Industry. Presented by the University of Texas at Arlington. This course is designed for personnel interested in teaching the OSHA 10 and 30 Hour Maritime Outreach courses... (more).
- 2/19/18 - 2/21/18, AIR 201 - Clean Air Act. Presented by the University of Texas at Arlington. The Clean Air Act (CAA) requires facilities to implement robust air emission control practices which are regulated and enforced through a complex permitting process. During this class... (more).
- 2/22/18 - 2/24/18, Drone (Pilot) Test Prep Course. Presented by Gulf Coast Safety Institute. Students will be taught regulations, airspace classification and operating
requirements, weather, loading and performance and operations specifics that are required to pass the FAA Part 107 sUAS pilot test. The course includes ...(more).
*Ask us how you can take this course at no-cost!
University of Texas at Arlington Courses - Save the Dates!
The University of Texas at Arlington's OSHA Education Center and the expanded Environmental Training Institute deliver a wealth of training to help you manage environmental, health, and safety risks in your organization. The following classes are being hosted by the Gulf Coast Safety Institute. All students must register with University of Texas at Arlington (UTA) prior to the start of class. Any student who has not registered with UTA will not be allowed to participate. When registering please inform UTA that you heard about the class from the Gulf Coast Safety Institute.
- OSHA 5402 - Update Course for the Maritime Industry, 3/20/18 - 3/23/18
- FLG 521/522 - Qualified Flagger/Train the Trainer, 3/26/18 - 3/27/18
- MM 720/721 - Introduction to Environmental Monitoring, 5/15/18 - 5/17/18
- SH 520 - Industrial Hygiene Technician, 5/29/18 - 5/30/18
- OSHA 511- Standards for General Industry, 5/29/18 - 6/1/18
All classes are presented at the Gulf Coast Safety Institute at 320 Delany Road, La Marque, TX 77568. Student check-in will begin 30 minutes before class.
For registration, questions and information:
University of Texas at Arlington
Toll free: 1-866-906-9190
Monday - Thursday: 8 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.