President’s Ambassador Program
Whether working directly with students or our community, our Presidential Ambassadors are by far our most effective advocate, and I look forward to working closely with them during the year.
The Presidential Ambassador Program at College of the Mainland is a leadership training
program for a group of selected, highly skilled students who work to represent the
positive image of the Institution and President Nichols, as well as share our mission
and culture with alumni, donors, friends and community at designated events and activities.
COM provides rewarding benefits to our Ambassadors in return for their service. These students will experience a variety of professional development opportunities in which to learn and practice networking skills, communication skills, business etiquette, leadership, event planning, community engagement, hosting distinguished COM visitors, and more. Many Presidential Ambassadors will also receive a letter of reference from President Nichols.
Ambassadors will be awarded with a FULL scholarship each semester of service in good standing which covers their tuition and fees AND a $500 book stipend.
Please complete this application and submit all material by the deadline.
Requirements for Selection
Prospective Ambassadors must meet the following criteria:
- Must be enrolled as a full-time student at College of the Mainland
- Must be able to commit to one year of service with the program
- Will have completed two semesters of academic work with a GPA of 3.0 or better by the end of the semester in which the application is made
- Complete a program application and submit by the deadline to PresidentAmbassador@com.edu or in person to the COM Student Center, Building #1
- Complete the interview process with the Program Selection Committee at the established schedule
- Maintain good standing with COM
- Complete 80 hours per semester for assigned events, meetings and trainings
- Attend monthly Board of Trustees Meetings
- Provide campus tours to prospective students
- Assist with New Student Orientation
- Participate in speaking engagements and community events
- Serve as a student representative for College of the Mainland
Benefits of Service
- COM-branded attire
- Engage with COM President, Dr. Nichols, the Board of Trustees, COM Foundation and various community leaders
- Training in public speaking and social etiquette
- Professional development and leadership training opportunities
- Networking skills
- Community engagement
- Applications Available: March 1, 2022
- Applications Due: April 1, 2022
- Interviews for Selected Students: April 18-22, 2022
- Ambassadors Selected: May 6, 2022
2021-2022 President's Ambassasors