COM Weekly Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the new COM Weekly?
COM Weekly is the college’s new weekly, electronic employee newsletter that will be delivered to every College of the Mainland employee’s email inbox each Friday morning. The new design will feature a bright and fresh new look that is more visually engaging and easier to navigate.
- I have something I would like to include in the newsletter. What is the process for submitting information to COM Weekly?
The redesigned COM Weekly newsletter will feature a new user-friendly electronic submission form for employees to electronically submit content. The form will be contained within the existing Marketing Request System and can be accessed starting February 19.
The new digital submission form will feature options to submit a hyperlink, PDF document and up to two images (png or jpg).
- When is the deadline for submitting my content for COM Weekly?
To submit content for the COM Weekly newsletter, employees should submit their newsletter content by Wednesday at noon of each week to be included in that week’s Friday morning COM Weekly. For example, if you wish to have your submission included in the February 26 newsletter, you must submit your content no later than February 24 at noon.
Remember, only content applicable to ALL COM employees will be included in COM Today. For messages that are targeted only to specific employee groups, please refer to #6.
Please note, there will be no changes to the submission process for department updates. In accordance with individual department procedures already in place, designated department representatives will continue to email to their weekly department update to Rosie Rojas, email@example.com, by noon on Thursdays each week.
- What type of information will be included in COM Weekly?
COM Today will feature upcoming events, notable employee awards and accomplishments, important dates to remember and other relevant happenings from across the campus.
Examples of what WILL be included in COM Weekly:
- Upcoming meetings, events and activities that are open to the college community
- Employee awards, accomplishments and recognitions
- COMPeers activities
- Human Resources information
Examples of what WILL NOT be included in COM Weekly:
- Emergency/crisis communications
- Weather-related campus closures
- Maintenance emergencies (i.e., notices of broken water line or electrical outages)
- Communication that is targeted only to a specific employee group (i.e., benefits-eligible, professional, classified, faculty, etc.)
- Anything of urgent importance that needs to go out immediately
- Who will receive the COM Weekly daily newsletter?
All COM faculty and staff will receive COM Weekly, including, part-time and full-time employees, in addition to the Board of Trustees.
- What if I have a message that I want to share with a targeted employee group (i.e. professional, classified, benefits-eligible employees)? How would I share this communication since this does not qualify for COM Today?
Employees should continue to use the current process in place to distribute their targeted employee communication to those groups as they have done in the past, using the applicable DL email list. To avoid redundancy and confusion, communication targeted for specific employee groups will not be included in COM Today. Communications targeting a specific employee group will continue to be sent only through those targeted DL distribution emails.
COM Today Past Issues
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 409-933-8438. We look forward to connecting with you!