Gulf Coast Safety Institute
Gulf Coast Safety Institute
The Gulf Coast Safety Institute was established in 2007 to provide safety and health training and education to workers and employers. Additionally, the Gulf Coast Safety Institute is an OSHA Challenge Program Administrator mentoring over 50 companies in improving their Safety and Health Management System to potentially achieve OSHA’s Voluntary Protection Program STAR status.
The Gulf Coast Safety Institute currently operates three Centers of Excellence:
Upcoming Classes and Events through April 2018
- OSHA 10 & 30 Hour OSHA Outreach Training*. Presented by Gulf Coast Safety Institute. The Gulf Coast Safety Institute (GCSI) offers courses for both general industry and construction workers. All courses listed are taught by OSHA authorized outreach instructors. Training is intended to provide... (more).
- 2/22/18 - 2/24/18, Drone Pilot Training Course (FAA Part 107)*. Presented by Gulf Coast Safety Institute. Students will be taught regulations, airspace classification and operatingrequirements, weather, loading and performance and operations specifics that are required to pass the FAA Part 107 sUAS pilot test... (more).
- 3/2 and again on 3/22, Heartsaver CPR/AED. Presented by College of the Mainland.
- 3/20/18 - 3/23/18, OSHA 5402 - Update Course for the Maritime Industry. Presented by the University of Texas at Arlington. This course is the update required every four years for all OSHA Authorized Outreach Trainers for the Maritime Industry. It provides timely information on... (more).
- 3/26/18, FLG 521 & FLG 522 - Qualified Flagger. Presented by the University of Texas at Arlington. This course is designed to prepare contractor representatives to present the 4-hour Flagger Training course to employees wishing to become qualified flaggers. In addition to basic training in fundamental concepts of work zone traffic control and... (more).
- 4/3/18 and again on 4/4/18, Field Leadership for Fall Prevention in the Construction Industry. Presented by Red Rocks Community College. The course consists of a one day training program to prepare construction crew leads and supervisors to develop, teach and implement fall prevention and protection strategies in the workplace. Those attending who are qualified supervisors employed in the construction industry will be ... (more).
- 4/24, Houston Fall Prevention Safety Day, Presented by Houston Fall Prevention Alliance. To support the OSHA’s National Safety Stand-Down to prevent falls in construction, Houston South Area Office OSHA U.S. Department of Labor, Associated Builders and Contractors of Greater Houston, American Subcontractors Association-Houston Chapter, Gulf Coast Safety Institute/College of the Mainland, and Scaffold & Access Industry Association have aligned... (more).
*Ask us how you can take this course at no-cost!
- Fall Protection Forum, March 20! More details to come.
- Fall Protection Workshop Training, March 23! More details to come.
University of Texas at Arlington Courses May through August - Save the Dates!
The University of Texas at Arlington's OSHA Education Center and the expanded Environmental Training Institute deliver a wealth of training to help you manage environmental, health, and safety risks in your organization. The following classes are being hosted by the Gulf Coast Safety Institute. All students must register with University of Texas at Arlington (UTA) prior to the start of class. Any student who has not registered with UTA will not be allowed to participate. When registering please inform UTA that you heard about the class from the Gulf Coast Safety Institute.
- MM 720/721 - Introduction to Environmental Monitoring & Lab, 5/15/18 - 5/17/18
- SH 520 - Industrial Hygiene Techniques, 5/29/18 - 5/30/18
- OSHA 511 - OSHA Standards for General Industry, 5/29/18 - 6/1/18
- OSHA 501 - Trainer Course for OSHA Standards for General Industry, 6/12 - 6/15
All classes are presented at the Gulf Coast Safety Institute at 320 Delany Road, La Marque, TX 77568. Student check-in will begin 30 minutes before class.
For registration, questions and information:
University of Texas at Arlington (https://web-ded.uta.edu/wconnect/ace/index.asp)
Phone: 817-272-2581; Toll free: 1-866-906-9190