Testing Information for High School Students
Pre-Testing Information for Dual Credit Students
Potential Dual Credit and Collegiate High School students that are not TSIA2 exempt must take the TSIA2 in order to participate in the programs. * You may not have to take the TSIA2 if you have other test scores. See the list below:
You may be TSIA Exempt/Waived:
- SAT: (Reading)EBRW 480, Math 530
- ACT: Composite- 23 English- 19, Math- 19
- PSAT: EBRW 460, Math 510
- STAAR: a minimum score of 4000 on the English II STAAR EOC, and a minimum score of 4000 on the Algebra I STAAR EOC and passing grade in the Algebra II course.
Steps to receive a voucher
- Step 1: Go to www.applytexas.org, fill out the 2-year college application to College of the Mainland which generates a required COM student ID in 3-5 business days.
- Step 2: Complete the state mandated TSIA2 Pre-Assessment and print out/screen shot the certificate at the end. * https://www.tsipreview.com/welcome/collegeofthe_mainland
- Step 3: Take your TSIA2 Pre -Assessment certificate with your COM ID number (seven-digit number) to your High School counselor or a College Connections Advisor.
- Step 4: Your voucher will be ready for you on test day. *Virtual vouchers will be sent to your COM student email.
See how you will do before your test! https://practice.accuplacer.org/login
* Notice: In compliance with THECB regulations all first-time-in-college students who are not exempt via SAT or ACT must take ALL PARTS of the TSIA2. (A calculator is embedded in the Math section of the TSIA2)
Post-Testing Information for Dual Credit Students
|TSIA2 College Met Scores|
|ELAR||945+ or less than 945 and a diagnostic of 5-6|
|Math||950+ or less than 950 and a diagnostic of 6|
TSIA2 Retest Information for COM
- The Dual Credit program will only recognize the first 3 attempts on each section of the TSIA2.
- Testing fees will apply for each TSIA2 retest.
- Make your appointment to test in person or online.
- Vouchers cannot be used to retest on sections.
Didn't score high enough?
Perspective is a free personalized learning plan based on your TSIA2 results. Find your Locator Code on your TSIA2 Score Report. Ask a Testing Proctor or your College Connection Advisor for more details. https://tsia2.pearsonperspective.com/perspective/
A valid photo ID is required for all test sessions. Ex: State ID or DL, School ID, Passport, College Board Student ID form.
Students with disabilities can receive testing accommodations through disability services.
- Complete Test: $29
- Individual Sections: $10