Dual Credit FHS Registration Guides
Friendswood High School 2019-2020 Registration Guide
- Schedule an advisory session with COM College Connections Advisor. Sign up via Naviance
through the college center. During the advisory session you will complete College
of the Mainland application through www.applytexas.org.
- Establish a Profile on applytexas.org. It will provide a Username and you will create a password for applytexas.org
- Complete an Application for College of the Mainland with your profile. Make sure to include you Social Security Number on the COM application.
- It takes 3-5 business days to process the application. You will receive an email from College of the Mainland with instructions on how to retrieve your COM ID number. COM ID number is mandatory to complete your COM application and TSI testing.
- You must complete the TSI Pre-assessment prior to testing. Go to www.com.edu/testing-center/tsi-assessment.html to complete the TSI Pre-Assessment. Once completed, you will receive a certificate of completion via email.
- Sign up to take the TSI through Naviance. TSI testing is free for FHS students. See testing dates below. TSI Exemption is available to students who have met the college readiness standard on the SAT or ACT; TSI testing is not required for non-credit classes.
- Students taking COM online classes or classes on COM campus must submit proof of Bacterial Meningitis vaccination to COM. Proof can be turned in to your COM representative through the counseling center at FHS at any time.
- Register and pay for Dual Credit classes. Registration will take place at Friendswood High School on 3/26/19 3–6 p.m. Seniors, 3/27/19 3–6 p.m. Juniors
- Dual Credit Orientation will take place prior to the start of fall classes.
Sign-up for enrollment session and TSI testing through Naviance
- Enrollment Sessions:
Start Date – 1/22/19 – Deadline – 2/14/19
- TSI Testing: 2/26/19 through 3/23/19
- Registration and Payment date:
3/26/19 3–6 p.m. (seniors)
3/27/19 3–6 p.m. (juniors)
Tuition and Fees 2019-2020
- Out of District: $250 for 1or 2 classes per semester; $75 for each additional class
- Online Fee +$35 hybrid fee +$25
- Required Books and course workbooks are NOT included
- Additional fees for classes may be required.