Advanced Emergency Medical Technician
Saving lives is part of the job when you work in EMS.
Advanced Emergency Medical Technicians work in city ambulance services, fire departments, volunteer services and hospitals. Never a boring job, EMTs help others when they are having their worst day. Medicine on the street is the name of the game as you take care of people who have experienced trauma, violence or terrible accidents.
Arriving on scene you assess, treat and transport patients to the hospital. Start working with your AEMT-Basic and progress to Advanced-Emergency Medical Technician. Then take your skills and career further with our Paramedic Program.
The EMS Program complies with all Texas Department of State Health Services regulations. The Emergency Medical Services Program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs upon the recommendation of the Committee on Accreditation of Educational Programs for the Emergency Medical Services Professions.
Next Start Date
Aug. 28, 2023
Face to Face
View in course catalog
Occupational summary for Emergency Medical Technician
1,700 Annual Job Openings
6% Projected Growth
$36,650 yr Median Salary / $17.62 hr
Your Journey Begins Here
Additional Program Info
- High school diploma or High School Equivalency (HSE)
- Approved criminal history background check
- Negative Drug Screen
- Physical Examination
- Required Immunization Records
- Apply to COM and submit the necessary documents (transcripts, meningitis vaccination if under 22 and proof of Texas residency).
- Submit EMS Program Packet
- Obtain an American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS CPR certification
- Attend Clinical Orientation - Contact Karl Moore EMS Clinical Coordinator for details. Phone: 409-933-8967 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complete drug screen when directed after class begins
- Complete Physical Examination by a licensed physician/ health care provider