Upward Bound Eligibility Requirements
Upward Bound (UB) is funded by the U.S. Department of Education to serve 70 students per year from the program's eight target high schools. Spaces available at each school may be capped to ensure a fair distribution of students among schools.
To be considered for admission into Upward Bound, students must:
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Be committed to attending a college or university immediately after high school
- Meet income guidelines and/or be a potential first-generation college student (meaning no parents/guardians have a bachelor's degree or higher)
- Complete the application package and, if selected, participate in an interview with an Upward Bound staff member
- Be willing and able to participate in program activities (excuses can be arranged when UB events conflict with other school activities)
- Preference will be given to those in 9th or 10th grade at one of our target schools
at the time of application:
- Dickinson High School
- Hitchcock High School
- La Marque High School
- Texas City High School
- Students must have interest and desire to attend college.
- Students must be willing to fully participate in UB in the summer and during the school year.
- Upward Bound gives preference to students who is willing to remain in the program through graduation from high school.
* NOTE: Students first enroll in Upward Bound during 9th or 10th grade but continue to participate until they graduate from high school.
For more information or to obtain an application:
Please call us at 409-933-8525, email us at email@example.com.