Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead
Nov. 5 – Nov. 22, 2020
by Tom Stoppard
Acclaimed as a modern dramatic masterpiece, Rosencrantz & Guildenstern Are Dead is the fabulously inventive tale of Hamlet as told from the worm's-eye view of the bewildered Rosencrantz and Guildenstern, two minor characters in Shakespeare's play. In Tom Stoppard's best-known work, this Shakespearean Laurel and Hardy finally get a chance to take the lead role, but do so in a world where echoes of Waiting for Godot resound, where reality and illusion intermix, and where fate leads our two heroes to a tragic but inevitable end.
The COM Theatre announces the upcoming 2019-2020 season:
- "The Voice of the Prairie" by John Olive (Online Streaming Only)
- "Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead" by Tom Stoppard
- "Pump Boys and Dinettes" Book, Lyrics, and Music by John Foley, Mark Hardwick, Debra Monk, Cass Morgan, John Schimmel, and Jim Wann
- "Taking Leave" by Nagle Jackson
- "Master Harold and the Boys" by Athol Fugard
- "Urinetown" Music by Mark Hollmann, Lyrics by Mark Hollmann and Greg Kotis, Book by Greg Kotis
Theatre Box Office
Call the Box Office at 409-933-8345 or 1-888-258-8859, ext. 8345.
Since 1972, COM Community Theatre has presented over 228 productions including children's theatre, concerts and workshops with attendance of more than a quarter of a million people. The theatre has been recognized as one of America's leading community theatres, setting high production standards and developing one of this country's most innovative programs.
Beyond education, the College of the Mainland Theatre bears a three-fold commitment: to provide quality theatrical experiences for residents of the area, to offer a forum for local and regional talent by holding open auditions and to extend the reputation of College of the Mainland.