Associate of Applied Science
Gain in-demand skills to enter the workforce quickly.
The Associate of Applied Science (AAS) is not a transfer degree, but some of the courses required for the AAS will transfer. Students should check the University Parallel Program and confer with counselors both at COM and at the next institution regarding the transfer of technical specialty courses.
College of the Mainland offers an Associate of Applied Science in the following subject areas:
- Business Administration - Accounting
- Business Administration - Entrepreneurship
- Business Administration - Management
- Business Administration - Marketing
- Cosmetology Instructor
- Criminal Justice
- Dental Hygiene
- Fire Protection Technology
- Graphic Design/Web Design
- Health Information Management
- Medical Assisting
- Occupational Safety and Health Technology
- Pharmacy Technician
- Process Technology: Petrochemical Process Technology
- Radiologic Technology
Overall requirements for the AAS degree vary with each program area, but the standard requirements for any AAS degree are as follows:
- Completion of 60-72 semester credit hours, 50-75 percent of which must be from technical specialty courses.
- The 60-72 hour total must include 15 hours of general education courses, which must include one course in each of the following three areas: Humanities/Fine Arts Social/Behavioral Sciences Math/Natural Sciences.
- Completion of at least 25 percent of the credit hours toward this degree must be earned at COM.