Federal Carl D. Perkins Act
COM has been awarded the federal Carl D. Perkins Grant, and this grant can help COM career and technical education students pay for daycare expenses as funds are available.
This grant is mainly for full-time career and technical education students who are in financial need and enrolled in specific certificate and degree programs. There is some assistance for daycare costs for part-time career and technical education students.
In order to be eligible for grant assistance, you must fit into one of the six categories listed below:
- A student with a disability
- A student from an economically disadvantaged family including foster children
- A student who has limited English proficiency
- A single parent (including single, pregnant women)
- A male or female student that is enrolled in an occupational program that is considered non-traditional for their gender
- A displaced homemaker
Instructions for Daycare Assistance
Financial Aid Generalist
Student Financial Services and Veteran's Affairs
Location: Student Center, 2nd Floor, Financial Aid Office