College of the Mainland Board Report: July 26, 2021
A regular meeting of the board of trustees of College of the Mainland was held on Monday, July 26, 2021 at 1:30 p.m. in the COM Administration Boardroom – Room 129.
All Trustees were present.
Board Items of Interest
COM Phi Theta Kappa, Sigma Delta chapter members were recognized for the following scholarship awards:
- 2021 Coca-Cola Leaders of Promise Scholar, Joeseth McDade
- 2021 Walgreens Scholar, Jennifer Burns
The following positions were approved:
- Gwendolyn Barbee-Yow was approved for the position of Faculty in the English, Humanities Department.
- Lauren McElyea was approved for the position of Faculty in the Nursing Department.
- Deane Schneider was approved for the position of Faculty in the Business & Computer Technologies Department.
- Siromi Wijesinghe was approved for the position of Faculty – Accounting in the Business & Computer Technologies Department.
The Non-Contractual Positions Hiring Report was approved.
The Update Report on Human Resources Administration Internal Audit was presented by Mike McGee, Executive Director of Human Resources.
The procurement method was approved for the design-build for the Industrial Careers Building Glycol Separation Unit.
All other agenda items were unanimously approved.
The full meeting minutes will be posted pending board approval after the August 23, 2021 board meeting.