College of the Mainland Board Report: June 28, 2021
A regular meeting of the board of trustees of College of the Mainland was held on Monday, June 28, 2021 at 1:30 p.m. in the COM Administration building boardroom.
All Trustees were present.
- Yolanda and Mr. Alan Waters presented a $20,000 donation to College of the Mainland.
- Vicki and Mr. Richard Stanfield presented a $10,000 donation to College of the Mainland.
Board Items of Interest
The following positions were approved:
- Ryan Bullock was approved for the position of Assistant Professor of Nursing in the Nursing Department.
- Donisha Moss was approved for the position of Career Center Director in the Student Services Division.
- Sara Sanchez was approved for the position of Academic Advisor in the Student Success Center.
- The Non-Contractual Positions Hiring Report was approved.
Approval on the action to schedule the December 2021 board meeting on Tuesday, December 7, 2021.
Approval to increase to Contract 20-29 awarded to Austin Commercial for Construction Manager at Risk (CMAR) services in support of the construction of the Math/Science Building Renovation Project for an additional not-to-exceed (NTE) amount of $4,469,864.
An Academic Master Plan Update was presented by Dr. Jerry Fliger, Vice President for Instruction.
A Foundation Update was presented by Dr. Lisa Watson, Executive Director of COM Foundation and Resource Development.
Board Officer Elections
- William (Bill) McGarvey was elected board chair.
- Alan Waters was elected board vice chair.
- Melissa Skipworth was elected board secretary.
All other agenda items were unanimously approved.
The full meeting minutes will be posted pending board approval after the July 26, 2021 board meeting.