COVID Financial Assistance
COVID Financial Assistance Frequently Asked Questions
If you have been financially affected by the COVID-19 pandemic, the federal government’s CARES Act has provided colleges and universities with emergency grant funding to assist with student financial needs.
- When can I apply?
The Summer 2021 application is currently open and will close on July 27, 2021. Please note that the application may close earlier if all available CARES Act funds are disbursed.
Submission of an application does not guarantee emergency grant funds. The amount of your award will be determined by requests received and funds available. Please submit your application as soon as possible to be considered.
- Where do I apply?
- You will need to sign in with your COM network login.
- Use your username, not your email address (example: cduck not firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Do I qualify?
Students must be currently enrolled in eligible classes at COM. Students must also have a FAFSA on file. Dual credit and collegiate high school students are currently ineligible for this aid.
Students that have previously been awarded CARES Act Funds are eligible to receive funds each semester that they are enrolled as long as funds are available.
- I didn’t get funding, what can I do?
Submission of an application does not guarantee funding. Please email COVIDfunds@com.edu if you have questions or call 409-933-8810.
- What can I get assistance with?
- Health Care
- Course Materials
- How will funds be awarded?
- Funds will be awarded to eligible applicants determined by the number of requests received and funds available.
- When will funds be awarded?
- Funds will begin being distributed starting June 29, 2021.
- How will I receive my funds?
- COVID-19 funds will be distributed from COM via BankMobile. As a COM student, you are required to make a refund selection with BankMobile. In the event that you qualify for COVID-19 funding, please ensure that you have made your selection with BankMobile. If you have not, please do so as soon as possible by visiting http://bankmobiledisbursements.com/refundchoices/.
- Can I apply these funds to my current tuition and fees balance?
- Yes. COVID-19 funds can be applied the current semester’s tuition and fees balance if you indicate yes on question 9 of the application. If your award is more than your current tuition and fee balance, the remainder will be distributed via BankMobile.
- Will I have to pay these funds back?
- Can I be awarded for this funding more than once?
- Who should I contact if I have additional questions?
- If you have other questions, email email@example.com, or call 409-933-8810.