The degrees that transfer to four-year colleges and universities are the “Field of Study” associate degrees, the Associate of Arts, the Associate of Arts in Teaching and the Associate of Science. Degrees with emphases are guidelines to a four-year degree. In order to count toward an Associate of Arts, Associate of Arts in Teaching or Associate of Science at College of the Mainland, courses must be academic transfer courses (listed as ACGM in the College Catalog).