If you are interested in the health care system, enjoy working with a diverse population of people and have an aptitude for math and technology, then a career in pharmacy tech might be a perfect fit.
Students take part in hands-on classes learning how to measure, label, mix and dispense prescription medications while working under licensed pharmacists. The program is nationally accredited through the American Society of Health System Pharmacists.
The COM Pharmacy Technician Certification program prepares students to pass the national Pharmacy Technician Certification Exam and launch a successful career.
The Pharmacy Technician program at College of the Mainland is an Entry Level Training Program that is accredited by The American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP) and is also a Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) recognized program.
Next Start Date
Face to Face
View in course catalog
Occupational summary for Pharmacy Technicians
1,520 Annual Job Openings
4% Projected Growth
$35,100 yr Median Salary / $16.87 hr
See their Success
Meet these College of the Mainland grads to discover how our programs meet you where you are and take you where you want to go.
Your Journey Begins Here
Additional Program Info
- High school diploma or High School Equivalency (HSE)
- Certified Background Check
- Negative Drug Screen
- Required Immunization Records
- Apply to COM and submit the necessary documents (transcripts, meningitis vaccination if under 22 and proof of Texas residency).
- Complete the Pharmacy Technician Program Application
- Interview with Program Director
- Approved Criminal Background Check
- Approved Drug Screen