The COM Pharmacy Technician Certification program prepares students to pass the national Pharmacy Technician Certification Exam and launch a successful career.
Students take part in hands-on classes learning how to measure, label, mix and dispense prescription medications while working under licensed pharmacists. The program is nationally accredited through the American Society of Health System Pharmacists.
Who Should Attend
- You are interested in working in the health care system
- You are detail-oriented and have good customer service skills
- You enjoy working with diverse populations of people
- You have an aptitude for math and technology
- You have a future interest in entering health care fields such as Pharmacy, Medicine Veterinary Medicine, Dentistry, EMS, Nursing
Applicants need a high school diploma or high school equivalency certificate. Consider contacting the Adult Basic Education office if you do not meet the diploma requirement at 409-933-8294.Get Started!
College of the Mainland partners with PioneerRx to provide a true pharmacy workflow experience for our students with features and capabilities that are current with the industry’s constant innovation.
Occupational summary for Pharmacy Technician
Our substantial ﬁnancial support makes our programs more affordable than you think.
Explore our financial resources to learn how we can make your journey toward higher education more manageable.
We look forward to assisting you in meeting your educational goals!
Your Journey Begins Here
Big change starts at College of the Mainland
Each fall, the college accepts 24 students, and openings fill rapidly.
- Apply to COM at www.com.edu/apply.
- Submit necessary documentation including high school or college transcripts, proof of Texas residency and meningitis vaccination records if you are under 22.
- Download and complete the Pharmacy Technician Program application below and mail or return to College of the Mainland, Public Service Careers Building, 1205 Amburn Rd., Texas City, TX 77591. (Include vaccinations and immunization documentation)
- If you are a first-time college student, attend a New Student Orientation before registering. Transfer students meet with an advisor before registering.
- All pharmacy technician program applicants must meet with the Program Director for an interview prior to admission into the program.
- After the interview, obtain a drug screen and a criminal background check at the college’s selected vendor upon direction by the Program Director.
- Register for classes at www.com.edu/register. upon receiving a registration form from the Program Director.
We want to hear from you! Our team is here to help you navigate through the process. Submit our contact form if you have a question or would like more information about a specific program at COM.