Prepare to succeed in a rapidly growing field with the College of the Mainland Medical Assisting program. In three semesters of hands-on and online classes you will learn anatomy and physiology, human disease and pathophysiology, medical terminology, medical insurance, medical law, pharmacology and administration of medicine, clinical procedures and laboratory procedures.
The COM Medical Assisting program assists students in preparing for certification through the American Association of Certified Medical Assistants or through the American Medical Technology Association. Alumni are in demand immediately after graduation in hospitals, offices and clinics.
Who Should Attend
- You are interested in entering the health care profession in an in-demand occupation
- You are looking for gainful and reliable employment
- You are looking to increase your current financial situation
- You want to make a difference in a patient’s hospital or clinical experience
- In the future, you want to transition to other health care careers such as nursing or medicine
- Applicants need a high school diploma or high school equivalency certificate. Consider contacting the Adult Basic Education office if you do not meet the diploma requirement at 409-933-8294.
- Apply to COM and complete the College requirements for entry
- Approved Criminal Background Check
- Approved Drug Screen
The COM Medical Assisting Certificate Program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (www.caahep.org) upon the recommendation of the Medical Assisting Education Review Board (MAERB).
“Medical Assistant Program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (www.caahep.org) upon the recommendation of Medical Assisting Education Review Board (MAERB). The program has been placed on Probationary Accreditation as of July 17, 2020.”
This organization can be contacted at: Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs; 1361 Park Street; Clearwater, FL 33756; 727-210-2350.
Occupational summary for Medical Assisting
Our substantial ﬁnancial support makes our programs more affordable than you think.
Explore our financial resources to learn how we can make your journey toward higher education more manageable.
We look forward to assisting you in meeting your educational goals!
Your Journey Begins Here
Big change starts at College of the Mainland
1. Apply to COM and submit all necessary documentation.
2. Apply for Financial Aid.
3. Meet with an Academic Advisor.
4. Enroll in classes!
We want to hear from you! Our team is here to help you navigate through the process. Submit our contact form if you have a question or would like more information about a specific program at COM.