Testing CenterThe Testing Center assists students by assessing academic achievement and providing various testing alternatives. Results from tests are used:
- to determine eligibility for certain College programs,
- for some certifications,
- for course placement and
- to meet requirements mandated by the state legislature.
- Monday and Tuesday: 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Wednesday through Friday: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
* All exams must be completed by the end of business hours.
View the monthly Testing Center Schedule for the complete schedule. All testing must be finished by the end of the business day.
Distance Education and Online Testing
For more information about testing options, contact the Testing Center at 409-933-8676.
Testing Center Policies
- A valid photo ID is required for all testing.
- All cell phones must be completely powered off and placed in a locker.
- Examinees will test only during designated Testing Center hours.
- Children and guests are not permitted in the testing room. COM is not responsible for their supervision.
- No food or beverages are allowed in the testing room.
- Only items designated by the instructor will be permitted in the room (pencils, calculator, etc.).
- Students must remain seated until test is completed. If you leave the room, you will have completed testing and you must turn in your exam.
- Students requiring special arrangements (i.e. time extensions, added materials, etc.) must have written permission from the instructor.
- Scores will be confidential and not released to anyone other than the examinee (unless a person has a written statement from the examinee to obtain their scores).
- Examinees taking a test on a computer are strictly prohibited from any other activity.
- Examinees may not log off or lock computers after completing tests.
- All scratch paper must be turned in to Testing Center staff for disposal.
- The center is equipped with camera surveillance.
- Those who are not testing may not wait in the Testing Center.
- Individuals creating a disturbance in the testing area will be asked to leave.
When taking a department exam, it is up to the student to come at a reasonable time to take their exam. If you do not complete by closing time, your test will be picked up and turned in as is. You may not return and finish the exam at a later time unless given permission by your instructor.