Gulf Coast Safety Institute
Gulf Coast Safety Institute
The Gulf Coast Safety Institute was established in 2007 to provide safety and health training and education to workers and employers. Additionally, the Gulf Coast Safety Institute is an OSHA Challenge Program Administrator mentoring over 50 companies in improving their Safety and Health Management System to potentially achieve OSHA’s Voluntary Protection Program STAR status.
The Gulf Coast Safety Institute currently operates three Centers of Excellence:
Upcoming Classes and Events through March 2018
- OSHA 10 & 30 Hour OSHA Outreach Training*. Presented by Gulf Coast Safety Institute. The Gulf Coast Safety Institute (GCSI) offers courses for both general industry and construction workers. All courses listed are taught by OSHA authorized outreach instructors. Training is intended to provide... (more).
- 2/22/18 - 2/24/18, Drone Pilot Training Course (FAA Part 107)*. Presented by Gulf Coast Safety Institute. Students will be taught regulations, airspace classification and operatingrequirements, weather, loading and performance and operations specifics that are required to pass the FAA Part 107 sUAS pilot test... (more).
- 3/20/18 - 3/23/18, OSHA 5402 - Update Course for the Maritime Industry. Presented by the University of Texas at Arlington. This course is the update required every four years for all OSHA Authorized Outreach Trainers for the Maritime Industry. It provides timely information on... (more).
*Ask us how you can take this course at no-cost!
- Fall Protection Forum, March 20! More Details to Come.
- Fall Protection Workshop Training, March 23! More Details to Come.
- Field Leadership Class, April 3! More Details to Come.
- Fall Prevention Safety Day, April 24! Download Flyer Here. To Register Visit: www.houstonfallprevention.com
University of Texas at Arlington Courses - Save the Dates!
The University of Texas at Arlington's OSHA Education Center and the expanded Environmental Training Institute deliver a wealth of training to help you manage environmental, health, and safety risks in your organization. The following classes are being hosted by the Gulf Coast Safety Institute. All students must register with University of Texas at Arlington (UTA) prior to the start of class. Any student who has not registered with UTA will not be allowed to participate. When registering please inform UTA that you heard about the class from the Gulf Coast Safety Institute.
- FLG 521/522 - Qualified Flagger/Train the Trainer, 3/26/18 - 3/27/18
- MM 720/721 - Introduction to Environmental Monitoring & Lab, 5/15/18 - 5/17/18
- SH 520 - Industrial Hygiene Techniques, 5/29/18 - 5/30/18
- OSHA 511- OSHA Standards for General Industry, 5/29/18 - 6/1/18
- OSHA 501 - Trainer Course for OSHA Standards for General Industry, 6/12 - 6/15
All classes are presented at the Gulf Coast Safety Institute at 320 Delany Road, La Marque, TX 77568. Student check-in will begin 30 minutes before class.
For registration, questions and information:
University of Texas at Arlington (https://web-ded.uta.edu/wconnect/ace/index.asp)
Phone: 817-272-2581; Toll free: 1-866-906-9190