The COM Nursing Program launched with Associate Degree Nursing (ADN) Program classes in 1972. The Vocational Nursing (VN) Program was established 35 years later in 2005.
- The ADN Program prepares graduates to be registered nurses:
- Pre-Licensure Track (for students who are not licensed vocational nurses)
- LVN-RN Transition Track (for students who are licensed vocational nurses)
- The VN Program prepares graduates to be licensed vocational nurses.
Today the nursing programs boast graduates employed at facilities across the state including Texas Children’s Hospital, Clear Lake Regional Hospital, University of Texas-Medical Branch and Memorial Hermann.
COM Nursing Advantages
The COM Nursing Program helps each student succeed through:
- Interactive labs
- Faculty mentors for each student
- Group and individual tutoring at no cost
- Clinical rotations at state-of-the-art facilities
Student/Graduate Achievement Data
|Program||Licensure Exam Pass Rate||Completion Rate||Employment Rate|
|Associate Degree Nursing||88.61% (2016)||80% (2015)||97% (2015)|
|Vocational Nursing||90% (2015)||100% (2015)|
COM helps students complete their college education at a fraction of the cost of a university. For more information on scholarships, visit www.com.edu/scholarships or call 409-933-8508. For more information on financial aid, call 409-933-8274 or stop by the COM Financial Aid Office.
From a Student
“With nursing every day is going to be a new challenge. The instructors did a really good job of preparing us for reality.”