The Texas Success Initiative Assessment
The TSI Assessment measures college readiness in reading, writing and math. Assessments include multiple-choice questions and an essay response aligned to the Texas College and Career Readiness Standards.
Step 1: Complete the Mandatory TSIA Pre-Assessment
All students must take a pre-assessment to be eligible to take the TSIA Exam. Complete the TSI Pre-Assessment before requesting to take the TSIA.
Step 2: Sign up to test on-campus or at home through an online proctor
- Click here to schedule to take TSI Assessment on Campus
- Click here to request to take TSI Assessment at home (computer required)
TSIA Exam Fee
- Complete TSIA – $29
- Per-Section – $10
Step 3: Study for your TSIA exams
Not all incoming students need to take the TSI Assessment. Students with a TSI Assessment exemption can enroll in any entry-level college course. Students may be exempt if they:
- have met the minimum college readiness standard on SAT, ACT or a statewide high school test;
- have successfully completed college-level English and math courses;
- have enrolled in a Level-One certificate program (fewer than 43 semester credit hours); Note: Prerequisites for courses within the certificate must be met.
- are not seeking a degree; and
- have been, or currently are, in the military.
For more information visit Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board. (See #1 and click on TSI/Exemptions.)
Looking for previous TSIA scores?
Are you taking the TSIA for another institution?
Individuals who need their TSIA proctored for another college or university can do so at the COM Testing Center. Testing Services charges a $29 proctor fee to administer the exam.
- Contact your institution to receive a TSIA Remote Voucher.
- After receiving your TSIA Remote Voucher, schedule your exam here.
- Bring a valid photo ID
High School Testing Information
Potential Dual Credit and Collegiate High School students may contact their College Connection Advisor for more TSIA testing information.