How to Begin

How to Begin Credit Classes

  1. Apply to COM at Submit documentation including high school or college transcripts, proof of Texas residency and meningitis vaccination records if you are under 22.
  2. Take the TSI placement test. (TSI placement test not needed for entry level and one year certificate classes)
  3. If you are a first-time college student, attend a New Student Orientation to register for classes. Students with credit from another college meet with an advisor to register.

How to Begin Continuing Education Classes

  1. New students must register in person on the COM main campus at the Continuing Education Office - Technical Vocational Building Suite 1475. Returning students may register in person or online at

Financial Assistance

COM is an approved vendor to provide vocational training for eligible participants in workforce programs under the federally funded Workforce Investment Act. Depending on your income, you may be eligible for financial assistance under this program.

Also, the college provides grants, based on need, to individuals through Texas Public Education Grants. In addition, financial assistance may be available for veterans, their spouses and children through the Hazlewood Act.

Stay Connected with COM: