The HESI A2 entrance exam will be required for application to the RN and VN programs. The exam consists of Reading Comprehension, Grammar, Math, Vocabulary, Anatomy & Physiology. There is a 4 hour time limit on the HESI A2 administration. Further information regarding the HESI test is available at http://evolve.elsevier.com/exam
- The HESI A2 exam is only available to College of the Mainland students
- HESI Cost is $69.00
- Photo ID Required
Steps to Sign up for Testing
- Go to the Evolve Elsevier website, https://evolve.elsevier.com/cs/, to create an account and register the account. (You will be unable to test if you do not create an account)
- Next set up an appointment at https://hesireg.youcanbook.me to register for your HESI A2 Exam at the COM Testing Center.
- On test day, the Testing Center is located in the Enrollment Center Building #2, sign in at Window #1 and wait in the lobby area.
- Upon entering the testing center, you will be asked for a Photo ID, and $69 testing fee. (credit card payments can be taken in the Testing Center
College of the Mainland: Nursing Requirements
You may apply to more than one nursing program at College of the Mainland if eligibility requirements are met. Look below for exam requirements for each track:
- Associate Degree pre-licensure full-time program track = All Sections
- Associate Degree pre-licensure part-time program track = All Sections
- LVN to RN Transition Associate Degree in Nursing track = All Sections
- Vocational Nursing program ONLY = All Sections Except Anatomy & Physiology
**Please note: You may only have one HESI A2 transcript sent to the Nursing Department by Elsevier per application period. The HESI A2 Test transcript is only valid for three years. Please speak with the Nursing Advisor prior to taking the HESI A2 Test. (You may only take the HESI A2 exam once at COM).**