How to Begin
Steps to Get Started
Each fall, the college accepts 24 students, and openings fill rapidly.
- Apply to the college at www.com.edu/apply.
- Submit necessary documentation including high school or college transcripts, proof of Texas residency and meningitis vaccination records if you are under 22.
- Download and complete the Pharmacy Technician Program application below and mail or return to College of the Mainland, Public Service Careers Building, 1205 Amburn Rd., Texas City, TX 77591. (Include vaccinations and immunization documentation)
- If you are a first-time college student, attend a New Student Orientation before registering. Transfer students meet with an advisor before registering.
- All pharmacy technician program applicants must meet with the Program Director for an interview prior to admission into the program.
- After the interview, obtain a drug screen and a criminal background check at the college’s selected vendor upon direction by the Program Director.
- Register for classes at www.com.edu/register. upon receiving a registration form from the Program Director.
Tuition, fees, books, a background check, drug screens and licensing fees total around $2,500. Financial aid, however, may cover tuition, fees and books. For financial aid information, call 409-933-8274 or visit www.com.edu/financial-aid.