Navigate is a new system that links COM faculty, advisors, staff and students in a coordinated network designed to help students as they “navigate” their way through college starting with registration, meeting with advisors, scheduling classes, applying for financial aid and other tasks leading to graduation.
Navigate, developed by COM’s educational software partner, EAB, also will allow college administrators to better communicate with students by sending out notifications and reminders about important tasks and requirements necessary to progress and graduate.
- How do I log in?
- Go to https://com.navigate.eab.com and log in with our Navigate username and password. Please make sure you use Google Chrome or Firefox as your browser.
- What are the different features of Navigate?
- To-Dos, Appointments and My Major. These are located on the left-hand side of the page. Click on different features to go from one to another.
- When I am in Major Explorer, what do I do?
- Major Explorer is a tool that will help you show you options for possible careers. In Major Explorer you will choose your goals, your interests, and your suggested fields. May you change those at any time? Yes, just drag and drop the items back over to clear.
- How do I change my notification settings?
- Go to My Profile and edit in the bottom left hand side.
- What do I do when my recommend careers are shown?
- Save as favorites to your profile by clicking the heart in the upper right hand corner until you have a conversation with your advisor.
- How do I schedule an appointment with my academic advisor?
- Log into your Navigate account. Click on Make an Appointment on the left hand side. Follow the prompts.
- Who do I contact if I have additional questions?
- Please contact your academic advisor at 409-933-8379 or visit the COM website at www.com.edu/academic-advising.
Download the Navigate Student App
Follow these simple steps:
Through Navigate, students will:
- Access their “To-Do” list to help guide them through various steps during time at COM, such as enrollment, registration, meeting with advisors, discovering engagement opportunities on campus, and understanding their tuition costs.
- Receive nudges on some of the most important to-dos, such as register for classes or apply for financial aid.
- Schedule appointments with their advisors, and view your schedule.
- Take the major explorer survey, which will help direct them to programs at COM that might best fit their interests and goals.