Hispanic Heritage Month
2020 Hispanic Heritage Month Celebration
Amanda Agado – 2020 Hispanic Heritage Scholarship Essay Contest Winner
Amanda is the student winner of the Hispanic Heritage Scholarship Essay Contest.
Read Amanda's essay Latina Trailblazers.
Essay Content Winners and Participants
We loved reading your essays and were moved by your stories, pride, and compassionate yet revolutionary spirits. We hope you will continue taking up opportunities to make a name for yourselves both at COM and beyond.
Please join me in congratulating our three winners, but also take the time to see your name among like-minded, ambitious, risking-taking individuals. Here are the authors and their essay titles. Congratulations to each of you.
- The Latin Trailblazers - Amanda Agado – FIRST PLACE
- Hispanic Pride and Joy - Enrique Lima – SECOND PLACE
- Soy Latina y Mucho Mas - Julia Garza – THIRD PLACE
- The Human Condition - Jada Lozano
- Who I Am - Selma Torres Quintero
- Who I Am - Christian Baez
- Knowing Ourselves is a Process - Lisa Adolf
- Untitled - Dominick Waybright
- Mis Raices - Emily Escobar
- My Unique Culture - Kayla Hernandez
- Untold History - Leonardo Rabago
- What Heritage Means to Me - Brady Bergvall
- Untitled - Horus Bardales
- Defining a Culture - Marissa Vuittont