Scholarships are available to help students pay for college. Scholarships come from private organizations that hope to help students graduate based on numerous reasons. A few of those reasons include specific majors, geographical region, academic performance, and more.
Most of the time, you will have to complete an application and essay to apply. Here at COM, you can apply for a scholarship with the COM Foundation. You can also find scholarships through scholarship search engines.
We posted some helpful info below. Give us a call to setup a scholarship help meeting.
- Search Engine: www.fastweb.com
- Search Engine: www.cappex.com
- Transfer Scholarship: https://www.jkcf.org/our-scholarships/undergraduate-transfer-scholarship/
- Transfer Scholarship: Check with the college/university you will transfer to.
- Greater Houston Community Foundation: https://www.ghcfscholar.org/
- Houston Rodeo Scholarships: https://www.rodeohouston.com/Educational-Support/Scholars/Apply (primarily high school students)
- Avoiding Scholarship Scams: https://www.fastweb.com/college-scholarships/articles/scholarship-scam-red-flags