Beaded Fashion Jewelry (Beginner)
- Bead Pad
- Chain Nose Pliers
- Round Nose Pliers
- Flat Nose Pliers (no teeth)
- Square Nose Pliers (no teeth)
- Flush Nose Wire Cutters
- Sharpie Pin – Black or Grey
- Head Pins
- E600 or Locktite Glue
- Scissors for thread only
- Beading Needles (10, 11, 12)
- Clasps or Fasteners
- Pkg. SS Head pins
- Pkg. Crimps (size 2 or Combo)
- Pkg. SS Ear Hooks
- Spool (7 strand Shinny) Beadalon wire
- (You will use different sizes
- (thicknesses) depending on your project.)
- Fireline (Blk. Smk. Crys., 6 or 8 lb.)
- Beads you like for necklaces, bracelets, earrings, etc. 4, 6, 8, or 12mm
- Delica Beads will be needed for the last project in this semester.
I suggest the Beadalon Jewel Loom, it is easy to use and store. You can usually find it at Michaels or Hobby Lobby.
Fireline 6 lb or 8 lb is a good choice for loom weaving. It does not stretch as much as other types of thread. The color depends on the project you intend to weave.
Beads for the loom can range in sizes depending on the pattern. Seed beads, Size 11, 10, 8 or 6 can be used in many of the projects. Patterns can include 4mm pearls, crystals, or other types of beads. In some loom patterns Delicas are used.
I am a big believer in using the items you already have, so please use what you have and purchase your supplies as we progress through the projects listed in the Course Outline. Also, be aware that additional items may be needed along the way.
Beaded Jewelry Suppliers
- www.abc.com Antique Beads & Crafty People, Pearland Texas
- www.beadoholique.com Houston Texas
- Michaels, I45 & 646
- Hobby Lobby, I45 & 646
- Jo Ann’s, Bay Area Blvd., Webster, TX
- www.Beadstuff.com Austin, TX
- Bello Mondo.com
- Amazon Prime.com
- Jemco, Houston, TX
- Mays, Houston, TX