Beaded Fashion Jewelry (Advanced)
For bead weaving projects:
- 2 Chain nose pliers
- 1 Needle nose pliers
- 1 Crimp pliers
- 1 Flush cutter pliers
Chain Nose Pliers
Round Nose Pliers
Flat Nose Pliers (no teeth)
Square Nose Pliers (no teeth)
Flush Nose Wire Cutters
Sharpie Pin – Black or Grey
E600 or Locktite Glue
Scissors for thread only
Beading Needles (10, 11, 12)
Clasps or Fasteners
Pkg. SS Head pins
Pkg. Crimps (size 2 or Combo)
Pkg. SS Ear Hooks
Spool (7 strand Shinny) Beadalon wire
(You will use different sizes
(thicknesses) depending on your project.)
Fireline (Blk. Smk. Crys., 6 or 8 lb.)
Beads you like for necklaces, bracelets, earrings, etc. 4, 6, 8, or 12mm
Delica Beads will be needed for the last project in this semester.
I suggest the Beadalon Jewel Loom, it is easy to use and store. You can usually find it at Michaels or Hobby Lobby.
Fireline 6 lb or 8 lb is a good choice for loom weaving. It does not stretch as much as other types of thread. The color depends on the project you intend to weave.
Beads for the loom can range in sizes depending on the pattern. Seed beads, Size 11, 10, 8 or 6 can be used in many of the projects. Patterns can include 4mm pearls, crystals, or other types of beads. In some loom patterns Delicas are used.
I am a big believer in using the items you already have, so please use what you have and purchase your supplies as we progress through the projects listed in the Course Outline. Also, be aware that additional items may be needed along the way.
Beaded Jewelry Suppliers
www.abc.com Antique Beads & Crafty People, Pearland Texas
www.beadoholique.com Houston Texas
Michaels, I45 & 646
Hobby Lobby, I45 & 646
Jo Ann’s, Bay Area Blvd., Webster, TX
www.Beadstuff.com Austin, TX
Jemco, Houston, TX
Mays, Houston, TX
- 1 pkg sterling silver crimp beads size 2
- Findings: 6 clasps/buttons, 1 pkg. SS (sterling silver) size 2 crimp beads; 1 pkg. ball head pins (lightweight/24 gauge), 1 pkg. 6 mm jump rings, 1 pkg. SS ear hooks
- 12-inch ruler or standard sewing tape measure
- 1 spool Fire Line or WildFire--black, white or crystal, 8 or 10 lb. strength
- 1 Bottle (sm) Locktite glue (gel)
- 1 Bead pad
- 1 pkg. beading needles, size 10
- 8+ tubes of seed beads—information on size/quantity provided in first class.
For bead stringing projects:
- 1 role beading wire, 7-strand or 19-strand, .015 or .018 width
- 2 roles craft/shaping wire—information on gauge provided in first class
- 1 pkg. wire guards
- Assorted beads, 4 mm to 20 mm—information provided in first class
Additional supplies may be required each semester. They will be listed prior to the first class.
No single store carries all the supplies. Shop early. Shop in a variety of places. Some supplies are available locally at Walmart, Hobby Lobby, Michael’s, JoAnn, Antiques/Beads/Crafty People (ABC), One Glance. Houston: Mays Beads, Bead and Bead, Jemco, Feng’s Trading International.
Internet resources: Amazon, Fire Mountain Gems, Shipwreck Beads, Etsy, Ebay, multiple sites.