COM International Student Information Sheet
Maintaining F-1 Status
- Students must maintain a full course load; students cannot drop below 12 credit hours. (The summer semester is optional.)
- Students must not let their I-20 expire.
- Students must keep passport valid and renew six months before its expiration.
- Students must attend class or risk being withdrawn from the class.
- Students must follow the major declared on I-20 or request a new I-20.
- Students must make progress toward degree.
- Students must maintain good grades or risk probation or suspension.
Change of Information
Students must notify the international student counselor within 10 days of changing:
- Phone number
- Failure to notify within 10 days is a violation status.
Contact the international student counselor for more information.
- Medical insurance coverage is required throughout enrollment at COM for all F-1 students. Insurance information is not required until after a student has been accepted and enrolled. COM will provide a list of insurance companies that provide insurance coverage specifically for international students. If a student is already insured, proof of coverage should be submitted at time of registration.
- Contact the international student counselor for information on insurance agencies.
View a list of available scholarships on the COM Foundation website.
Leaving the Country
See the international student counselor before leaving.
- I-20 signed by DSO
- I-94 card
- Letter from international student counselor
Upon returning, notify the international student counselor.
- Tutoring (Student Support Services)
- Writing Center
- Student Clubs and Organizations
For more questions or more information, contact the international student counselor:
Office of Admissions and Records
888-258-8859 ext. 8653