Hurricane Harvey Scholarship
Emergency Assistance to Institutions of Higher Education Program (Hurricane Harvey Scholarship)
100% funded by the U.S. Department of Education EAI grant
College of the Mainland was awarded a $316,815 grant by the U.S. Department of Education to provide scholarships to those impacted by Hurricane Harvey. Current, former, or new COM students are eligible to apply. Funds are applied to tuition & fees, and can also be used for books and supplies at the COM bookstore.
- Proof of residency: Documents verifying residency in Galveston County during Harvey (August-September 2017)
- Evidence of damages caused by Hurricane Harvey (pictures, insurance claims, FEMA claims, etc. documenting home or vehicle damages, or lost employment due to the storm.)
- Minimum incoming GPA: 1.5.
- Enrolled in academic or workforce program, minimum 3 hours per semester.
- Must have unmet financial need for the academic year (Submit FAFSA to determine financial need.)
Steps to apply:
- Register at COM and enroll in a minimum of 3 semester hours.
- Complete and submit the 2019-2020 FAFSA.
- Complete the EAI scholarship application.
- Upload proof of residency and evidence of damages directly to the application or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Website to apply: https://collegeofthemainland.academicworks.com/opportunities/1843
For more information please contact:
1501 N. Amburn Road, Suite #16, Texas City, TX 77591
(409) 933 - 8671