Testing Information for High School Students
Potential Dual Credit and Collegiate High School students that are not TSI exempt must take the TSI Assessment in order to participate in the programs. TSI testing vouchers are issued to potential students and can be used to take the exam at your High School.*
- Step 1: Go to www.applytexas.org, fill out the 2-year college application to College of the Mainland which generates a required COM student ID in 3-5 business days.
- Step 2: Go to www.com.edu/tsiapp, complete the state-mandated TSI Pre-Assessment, and print out/screen shot the certificate at the end.
- Step 3: Take your TSI Pre-Assessment certificate with your COM ID number (seven-digit number) to your high school counselor or a College Connections Advisor.
- Step 4: Your voucher will be ready for you on test day at your school.
*Notice: In compliance with THECB regulations all first-time-in-college students who are not exempt via SAT or ACT must take ALL PARTS of the TSI Assessment. (Use of Calculators is prohibited on the Math section of the TSI.)
You may be TSI Exempt/Waived
- SAT: (Reading)EBRW 480, Math 530
- ACT: Composite - 23 English - 19, Math - 19
- PSAT: EBRW 460, Math 510
- Dual Credit EOC Wavier:
- (STAAR EOC) minimum score of 4000 on Level II of English II, TSI waved for Reading and Writing.
- (STAAR EOC) minimum score of 4000 on Level II the Algebra I STAAR EOC and passing grade in the Algebra II course; or End of Course (STAAR EOC) minimum score of 4000 on Level II Algebra II; TSI waved for Math.
|GOVT 2305 & 2306
CRIJ 1301, 1306, 1310, 2313, 2328
|Reading - 351|
|Reading - 346|
|ENGL 1301& 1302
HIST 1301 & 1302
|Reading - 351 &
Writing - 340 & Essay 4 or
Writing - 340 ABED score of 4 & Essay of 5
|ECON 2301||Reading - 351
Math - 342
|MATH 1314, 1324,1325, 1342||Math - 350|
TSI Retest Information for COM
Re-testing must be completed at COM Testing Center, testing fees will apply. Once you arrive please sign in at Window#1. Please allow adequate time to complete your assessment during testing hours. Vouchers cannot be used to retest on sections.
TSI/My Foundations Lab
Students that score below college Readiness are encouraged to use My Foundations Lab before you retest. My Foundations Lab is a customized learning plan based on your TSI results, find your Learning Path on your TSI Score Report. Ask a Testing Proctor or your College Connection Advisor for more details.
Testing Center Hours
Monday & Tuesday, 8 a.m. – *7 p.m. Wednesday through Friday, 8 a.m. - *5 p.m.
*No one admitted to the testing room one hour before closing.
A valid photo ID is required for all test sessions.
Ex: State ID or DL, School ID, Passport, College Board Student ID form.
- Complete Test: $29
- Individual Sections: $10
*Credit Card Payments can be made in the Testing Center. All other Payments will be completed through the Cashiers.