Dual Credit HHS Registration Guides
Hitchcock High School 2019-2020 Registration Guide
What is Dual Credit?
Dual Credit is a program that allows high school students to enroll in college classes for credit prior to high school graduation. College credits earned through Dual Credit can be applied towards high school and college graduation and can be transferred to other colleges or universities. Students can earn college credit towards their Bachelor’s degree or earn college credits toward an Associates.
Steps to Enroll in Dual Credit
- Students needing help with the application, sign up for an Advisory Session with Mrs. Bridges. Apply to COM at www.applytexas.org. First-time users, click on “Create your Account now”. After creating your profile, click on “My Applications” tab, “Start a New Blank Application”, “2-year school” then, select College of the Mainland. Sign up for an advisor session for help with your Applytexas application.
- Go to: www.com.edu/tsiapp and complete the Pre-Assessment.
- TSI Test required, please see back of page for exemptions and waivers.
H.S. GPA of 3.0 or higher required - Sign up via Mrs. Bridges or Ms. Cowey
- Register by Wednesday, April 24 at 2:35 p.m. HHS College Center
Tuition and Fees 2019–2020
- $200 for 1-2 classes per semester
- $75 for each additional class
- Online Fee $35, hybrid fee $25
- Books are NOT included
- Additional fees for classes may be required.
- Advisory Sessions & Application Assistance:
Tuesday, Feb. 5 OR Wednesday, Feb. 6
Sign-up with Mrs. Bridges for time
- COM Application Deadline: March 1, 2019
- TSI Testing: March 20 and April 2 in the HHS Library Sign Up to reserve your seat
- Registration Date: Fall 2019 Registration Deadline April 24 by 3:15 p.m.
All Signed Enrollment forms turned in to Mrs. Bridges