Dual Credit FHS Registration Guides
Friendswood High School 2018-2019 Registration Guide
- Schedule an advisory session with COM College Connections Advisor. Sign up via Naviance through the college center. During the advisory session you will complete College of the Mainland application through www.applytexas.org.
- Establish a Profile on applytexas.org. It will provide a Username and you will create a password for applytexas.org
- Complete an Application for College of the Mainland with your profile. Make sure to include you Social Security Number on the COM application.
- It takes 3-5 business days to process the application. You will receive an email from College of the Mainland with instructions on how to retrieve your COM ID number. COM ID number is mandatory to register for a TSI testing day.
- You must complete the TSI Pre-assessment prior to testing. Go to www.com.edu/tsiapp to complete the TSI Pre-Assessment. Once completed, you will receive a certificate of completion via email.
- Sign up to take the TSI in the College Center at FHS. TSI testing is free for FHS students. See testing dates below. TSI Exemption is available to students who have met the college readiness standard on the SAT or ACT; TSI testing is not required for non-credit classes.
- Students must submit proof of Bacterial Meningitis vaccination to COM. Proof can be turned in to your COM representative through the counseling center at FHS at any time.
- Register and pay for Dual Credit classes. Registration will take place at FHS Principals conference room Tuesday, March 20 and Wednesday, March 21, 2018.
- Dual Credit Orientation will take place during the summer at COM’s campus. Dates TBA.
Enrollment Sessions – 1 per student
Sign-up in Counselors Center:
Mon. thru Thurs., Jan. 19 – 25 - after school
Mon. thru Thurs., Jan. 29 – Feb. 1
- COM application deadline: Feb. 1
- TSI Testing: Feb. 5, 6 or 7 and Feb. 13 and 14 after school in the Computer Lab #609 or Saturday, Feb. 17 or March 10, 8 a.m. – 1p.m. at COM’s Learning Center 200 Parker Crt. League City, 77573
- Registration and Payment date: March 20 and 21 outside Principals conference room.
Tuition and Fees 2018-2019
- Out of District: $250 for 1 or 2 classes per semester; $75 for each additional class
- Online Fee + $35 hybrid fee + $25
- Required Books and course workbooks are NOT included
- Additional fees for classes may be required.
For additional Information please contact Doreen Bridges, College Connections Advisor at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org