Gary E. Wilson (History)
- B.A., Texas Wesleyan College
- M.A., University of North Texas
- Ph.D., University of North Texas
- M.L.S., University of North Texas
Previous work experience
- U.S. Army
- Dean and Assistant Dean of Support Services, Galveston College
- Library Director, Lee College
- History Professor, College of the Mainland
Teaching Philosophy/Research Interests
I like to have students engaged in the classroom. Students are given numerous opportunities to provide feedback on information covered in class. I also like to relate my travels to what is being covered. I have taken history-related trips to all 50 states and approximately 60 foreign countries. I am currently researching the topic of slave passes. I am also interested in several other aspects of history.
Message to Students
I like to reward hard workers. Students usually get out of a course what they put into it.