Free and Assistive Technology Resources

Helpful Information and Numbers

  • For information on State of Texas Health and Human Service agencies:

  • For problems in receiving services for students with disabilities:
    Disability Rights, Texas (Houston)
    800-880 -0821

  • To request forms to apply for Social Security benefits:

  • For assistance with Social Security questions and questions on independent living resources:
    Harris County Independent Living

  • Brazoria County Independent Living

  • Galveston County Independent Living

  • For assistance for blind or visually impaired students:
    Division for Blind Services 713-948-7960

  • For long-term issues related to mental retardation/mental health:
    MHMRA of Harris County

  • Gulf Coast Center (for Brazoria and Galveston Counties)

  • Department of Aging and Disability Services
    713-692-1635 or 409-943-2830

  • For assistance with issues related to transition from high school to work for students with disabilities:
    Division for Rehabilitative Services

  • For students capable of working without assistance needing job information:
    The Worksource:
    8231 Broadway, 713-847-6118

  • Pasadena/Clear Lake
    103 Pasadena Town Square, 713-472-1608

  • Galveston
    4700 Broadway, 409-770-9915

  • Texas City
    3549 Palmer Hwy, 409-949-9055

  • Or apply online at