Texas Reskilling Grant Program
College of the Mainland is proud to receive a Texas Reskilling Support Fund grant from the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board. This grant provides financial aid for students affected by COVID-19 who would like to earn an Occupational Skills Award, return to finish their program, earn the next level of credential, or who are displaced workers needing new training. Funds are available for seven programs that all lead to in-demand careers.
Qualifying Texas residents may receive up to $500 to $2500 for Continuing Education classes. Full-time and part-time students may be eligible on a need-based basis. Please complete the application below to check your eligibility for the funds. Funding is limited to tuition and fees that are not covered by other Federal, State, or Institutional financial aid.
Click the link below to apply for the Texas Reskilling Support Fund Grant:
Students seeking aid must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Be a Texas resident eligible for in-state tuition.
- File a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Have financial need as determined by the completed FAFSA and meet federal Title IV aid eligibility criteria (even if choosing a noncredit workforce credential program).
- Affirm you were affected by COVID-19. Employment, housing, childcare, food security, disrupted education, and healthcare are some examples of COVID-19 impact.
- Enroll or re-enroll in one of the following high-value career programs:
- HVAC (Heating Ventilation & Air -Conditioning)
- Electrical I
- Mechanical Maintenance Technician, Basic
- Mechanical Maintenance Technician, Intermediate
- Mechanical Maintenance Technician, Advanced
- Manual Machinist
- Computerized CNC (Computer numerical controlled) Machinist
- Industrial Pipefitting
- Have Satisfactory Academic Progress
- You cannot have been enrolled in an accredited postsecondary institution in the previous six months. (You skipped one or more semesters or are new to college.)
- You are within twelve months of completing your credential program.