Effective 8/15/16 all nursing students are advised in the Student Success Center
The COM Nursing Program launched with Associate Degree Nursing (ADN) Program classes in 1972. The Vocational Nursing (VN) Program was established 35 years later in 2005.
- The ADN Program prepares graduates to be Registered Nurses:
- Pre-Licensure Track (for students who are not licensed vocational nurses)
- LVN-RN Transition Track (for students who are licensed vocational nurses)
- The VN Program prepares graduates to be Licensed Vocational Nurses
Today the nursing programs boast graduates employed at facilities across the state including Texas Children’s Hospital, Clear Lake Regional Hospital, University of Texas-Medical Branch and Memorial Hermann.
COM Nursing Advantages
The COM Nursing Program helps each student succeed through
- Interactive labs
- Faculty mentors for each student
- Group and individual tutoring at no cost
- Clinical rotations at state-of-the-art facilities
COM nursing graduates excel on the national council licensure exam (NCLEX) for RNs and LVNs. The average pass rate on the NCLEX-RN for ADN graduates is over 94 percent. The average pass rate on the NCLEX-PN for LVN graduates is over 97 percent.
COM helps students launch their college education at a fraction of the cost of a university. Plus, students may qualify for scholarships or financial aid. For more information on scholarships, visit www.com.edu/scholarships or call 409-933-8508. For more information on financial aid, call 409-933-8274 or stop by the COM Financial Aid Office.
From a Student
“With nursing every day is going to be a new challenge. The instructors did a really good job of preparing us for reality.”