Student Support Services
Student Support Services is a $235,690, federally funded TRIO program through the Department of Education in Washington, D.C. We provide services for degree-seeking students who are at least one of the following:
- first-generation students (neither parent has a baccalaureate degree)
- low-income students
- students with disabilities
If you feel you meet one of these requirements, please complete an application to the program.
The Student Support Services program provides opportunities for academic development, assists students with basic college requirements and serves to motivate students towards the successful completion of their postsecondary education. The goal of SSS is to increase the college retention and graduation rates of its participants and facilitate the process of transition from one level of higher education to the next.
What We Do
Services provided by the program Include:
- Instruction in basic study skills
- Upward Bound
- Speaking, Reading and Writing Center
- Tutorial services (fill out a Request for Tutor form)
- Academic, financial or personal counseling
- Assistance in securing admission and financial aid for enrollment in four-year institutions
- Information about career options
All of our services are free!
Our middle name really is "support."
Our friendly staff can assist each individual with academic counseling, priority enrollment, tutoring, career counseling and personal counseling.
We provide Student Success Workshops every month as the semester schedule allows, cultural activities and trips. We also offer help with completing financial aid forms, including the FAFSA and FAFSA Online.