New Student Orientation
Welcome to College of the Mainland New Student Orientation
Student success, both in and out of the classroom, is our goal at COM.
This free seminar will help you smoothly transition to college life. You will discover how to thrive in higher education and the abundance of COM resources and staff ready to help you along the way.
All first-time-in-college students must attend a New Student Orientation before registering. Students transferring from another college or returning to COM are not required to attend but are welcome to.
What to Expect:
- Tour our conveniently located campus
- Enjoy a resource fair, where you will discover the services available and receive a free T-shirt and goodies
- Meet current students, faculty and staff who will answer your questions
- Register for classes with COM advisors who will help you plan for success
How to Register for NSO:
- Go to WebAdvisor.
- Click on the “Continuing Education” button. Click on “Register and Pay for Continuing Education Classes.” (The class is free.) Choose the topic code NSO and click “submit.”
- Choose the day and time that fits your schedule. Space is limited, so do not wait to register.
- Make sure that you have submitted your proof of meningitis vaccination (for those under 22), high school and college transcripts, and placement test or TAKS scores to the Office of Admissions and Records. If you do not have placement test scores or TAKS scores, you must take the TSI assessment at the COM Testing Center (walk-ins welcome). You cannot register for classes if you have not submitted placement scores, meningitis records and transcripts.
Success awaits you!