New Student Orientation
Welcome to College of the Mainland Online New Student Orientation
Student success, both in and out of the classroom, is our focus at COM. There’s nothing better to help you get started on your journey than our New Student Orientation. This free seminar is designed to help you make a smooth transition to college life. Here you will discover what you need to do to succeed in higher education and the wide variety of COM resources and staff available to you to help you along the way. It is Mandatory for all first time in college students to attend a New Student Orientation before you can register. Transfer students and returning students do not have to attend, but may do so if they wish to.
What to Expect:
- To gain knowledge of our beautiful and convenient campus
- The opportunity to gain knowledge of all the resources and services that are available to you.
- The opportunity to get all your questions answered and address all your concerns
- Educational Planning and Guided Registration with our awesome COM Academic Advisors; you will complete registration for your first semester of classes at COM when you visit with your assigned advisor.
How to Register:
- Go to WebAdvisor: https://webadvisor.com.edu/WebAdvisor/WebAdvisor?TYPE=M&PID=CORE-WBMAIN&TOKENIDX=4601210691
- Log in or click on what’s my user ID/COM ID, click on the students menu, click Academic Profile, then choose My Profile.
- Write down your COM Email address and your COM ID number (remember these, you will always need them).
- Go back to the Main Menu and click Continuing Education. Proceed to Click on Register and Pay for Continuing Education Classes (DON’T WORRY ITS FREE!!!), for the topic code chose NSO and submit.
- Choose the online section of NSO and register for it.
- Make sure that you have submitted your proof of meningitis vaccination (age 22 and under), final transcripts and placement test or TAKS scores to Admissions. If you do not have placement test scores or TAKS scores, you must take the TSI Pre-Assessment and Assessment. All items must be completed and submitted before you can access the Online NSO. Now, log in here: https://apps.com.edu/nso/.
- Finally, don’t forget to see your assigned advisor to complete your registration after you have completed the online NSO. Success awaits you!