ADN Pre-licensure Track
Take our one-question survey to let us know: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/V99P8PV
ADN Program – Pre-licensure Track
The Pre-licensure Track is designed for the applicant without a current LVN license. Graduates of the ADN program are eligible to apply for registered nurse (RN) licensure by examination.
As of Aug. 15, 2016, all nursing and pre-nursing students meet with an advisor in the Student Success Center.
- Fall 2017 applications have been reviewed. Applicants are now able to check their status in WebAdvisor under the Nursing Application link. Those offered admission or top alternate positions will need to accept or decline by Monday, 5/29/17.
- An Instructional letter with follow-up deadlines will be sent out to COM e-mails to those offered admission and or top alternate positions by Wednesday, 5/31/17.
Pre-Nursing Orientation Deadlines
- Fall admission - Pre-Nursing Orientation must be completed by May 14.
- Spring admission - Pre-Nursing Orientation must be completed by Aug. 14.
- Fall admission - May 15
- Spring admission - Aug. 15
Plan of Study
|ENGL 1301||Composition I||3|
|PSYC 2301||Introduction to Psychology||3|
|BIOL 2401||Human Anatomy and Physiology Part I||4|
|BIOL 2402||Human Anatomy and Physiology Part II||4|
|PSYC 2314||Lifespan Development||3|
|RNSG 1215||Health Assessment||2|
|RNSG 1205||Nursing Skills I||2|
|RNSG 1209||Introduction to Nursing||2|
|RNSG 1260||Introduction to Nursing Clinical||2|
|RNSG 1441||Common Concepts of Adult Health||4|
|RNSG 1361||Common Concepts of Adult Health Clinical||3|
|RNSG 2213||Mental Health Nursing||2|
|RNSG 2261||Mental Health Nursing Clinical||2|
|RNSG 1251||Care of Childbearing Family*||2|
|RNSG 2260||Care of Childbearing Family Clinical*||2|
|RNSG 2101||Care of Children and Families*||1|
|RNSG 1262||Care of Children and Families Clinical*||2|
|Language, Philosophy and Culture Course/Creative Arts**||3|
|**See Core Curriculum in the current catalog for approved courses|
|RNSG 1443||Complex Concepts of Adult Health**||3|
|RNSG 2262||Complex Concepts of Adult Health Clinical**||2|
|RNSG 2230||Professional Nursing Review/Licensure Preparation||3|
|RNSG 2263||Capstone Clinical*||2|
Total Credit Hours: 60
“As I did rotations, I fell in love with the nursing field. I had a really great experience.”
Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN)
3343 Peachtree Road, Suite 850
Atlanta, GA 30326