Law Enforcement Program
The Peace Officer Academy (769 hours) is designed to prepare a student for a position as a police officer, constable, deputy sheriff or any other licensed peace officer position in Texas. All courses must be taken together and successfully passed for the graduate to test for state licensure.
- Students must apply to COM and complete the College requirements for entry.
- Applicants must take the TSI placement test and meet testing requirements.
- Applicants must pass a criminal history background check and meet state requirements for entry. Students must be at least 21 and U.S. citizens.
- Applicants must have a high school diploma. Persons with a GED must have six college hours.
- Applicants must come to Public Service Careers Building to pick up an application packet or download it. Email the packet and all necessary documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop it by the Public Service Careers Building.
Information regarding specific state requirements can be obtained by calling 409-933-8299 or 409-933-8285 at the Law Enforcement Training Center.