Japan study abroad program – Summer I, 2015
June 18 – 28, 2015
Credit: ARTS 1316, 1317 Drawing I, or II
General public is welcome as CE (non-credit) student
Planned travel dates: June 18–28.
- We will take a scholar-led Art and Architectural walking tour of Meiji-shrine, Harajuku, Omotesando and Roppongi
- Ghibli museum
- Other museums (Mori Art museum, Watarium museum, Nezu art museum, etc.)
- Tokyo tower
- Gifu castle
- Gifu art museum
- Nagoya/ Osu historical district
- Tokugawa art museum
- Toyota Commemorative Museum of Industry and Technology
- Ise Shinto Shrine
- Kyoto’s major sights including Nijo castle, the golden Pavilion, Kyoto Imperial palace, Heian Shrine, Sanjusangendo Hall, and Kiyomizu Temple
- Todaiji temple, and the famous deer park (1,000 deer roaming freely!)
PROGRAM COST: $ 2,000
- Housing in Hotel and homestay (if applicable)
- Travel insurance
- All transportation in Japan (Bullet train, local train, subway, etc.)
- All cultural site visits & museums
- Japanese/English speaking instructor
Does not include:
- International airfare
- COM tuition & fees
- Passport fee
Students from other schools and universities, as well as general public are welcome to apply for the program. Credit students are required to attend all mandatory class sessions before and after the trip to Japan, and complete all necessary assignments and projects.
Japanese skills are not necessary; however, those who are interested in learning Japanese language are strongly encouraged to apply for the program. Japanese/English speaking instructor will accompany the trip.
SUBMIT THE APPLICATION FORM TO:
College of the Mainland Japan Study Abroad Program
Attention: Mayuko Ono Gray
1200 Amburn Rd. Texas City TX 77591
Or drop off the form to Fine Arts building, room 127.
CALENDAR AND PAYMENT SCHEDULE: 2015
|3/31||Application form due
Interview will be conducted after receiving your application form.
|4/10||Program fee and airfare (not included in the program cost) due|
**calendar and schedule subject to change