The Office of Institutional Advancement (IA) builds financial resources and establishes long-lasting community relationships and awareness in order to fulfill College of the Mainland’s educational mission. The IA office includes the following areas:
- COM Foundation — Focuses its fundraising efforts on direct support for students, primarily through scholarships.
- Marketing and Communications — Provides communications planning, publications, media relations, Web, advertising, marketing, photography, special event support to promote the College on a local, state and national level.
- COM Alumni and Friends Association — Supports the College’s mission through interaction with current students and cultivating a professional network of former students and individuals who champion the growth of College of the Mainland.
- Grant Development — Assists faculty and staff in developing competitive grant proposals to provide external resources for college initiatives.
- Outreach and Special Projects — Provides support for major outreach initiatives to promote community involvement and educational awareness.
Institutional Advancement is located in Appomattox Square Suites 4, 5 and 16.