Fire Technology Program
Fire Technology Program Overview
Helping students reach their career goals, the Fire Technology Program consists of three areas of fire service training that build on each other.
The Fire Academy is the first semester of the Associate of Applied Science. Through classroom and field training, it prepares students to receive Basic Fire Suppression Certification with the Texas Commission on Fire Protection (TCFP), required in order to be a career firefighter in Texas.
Subsequent semesters in the Associate of Applied Science in Fire Technology include advanced courses that prepare firefighters for first-level supervision in a fire department and to earn advanced certifications from the TCFP.
A variety of continuing education courses help career firefighter maintain basic TCFP certification or obtain additional advanced certifications with the TCFP.
- COM named top ROI fire technology program
- COM grads on duty at Galveston Fire Department
- COM Fire Academy cadets to demonstrate firefighting and rescue skills
- COM Fire Academy honors top graduates
- COM recognizes top Fire Academy grads
- COM Fire Academy grad sets record
From a Student
“The academy put being in good shape back in my grasp. They gave me all the tools I need. No other job I’ve had has this camaraderie. I feel like I’m part of a brotherhood.”