Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions in Financial Aid
- How do I apply for financial aid?
- To apply for financial aid, complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by the priority dates. The website to apply is www.fafsa.gov.
- What are the priority deadlines for financial aid applications?
- Fall — June 1
Spring — Nov. 1
Summer — May 1
- What is College of the Mainland’s FAFSA school code?
- Our school code is 007096
- How many hours do I need to take to receive financial aid?
- Students can be enrolled less than half time (6 hours) and still receive aid, except for the student loan program. The William D. Ford Federal Direct/PLUS loan programs require you to be enrolled in at least 6 credit hours that are required for completing your certificate/degree.
- Will I have to provide additional documents for my financial aid application?
- Students selected for verification by the U. S. Department of Education must provide transcripts of the student’s and, if required, the parents’ federal income tax returns plus any other income information received by the student’s/parents’ household as required by their financial aid counselor.
- Do I have to provide my parents’ financial information on the FAFSA?
- When students complete the FAFSA, they will answer a series of questions that will determine their dependency status. If a student is considered “dependent,” then their parents’ information must be provided on the FAFSA.
- How do I check my financial aid status?
- You can log in to your WebAdvisor account and go to the “Financial Aid Checklist” (under the Financial Aid heading) to get updates on the status of your financial aid application. First-time users must follow the instructions on how to obtain your WebAdvisor ID and password on the WebAdvisor home page. WebAdvisor allows students to:
- View financial aid status
- Register online for classes
- View grades
- View schedule and bill
- Pay tuition and fees online
- When do I receive my refund checks?
- Refunds are issued to your BankMobile account within 14 days of the census date of each class. Check our website www.com.edu/financial-aid. Scroll down to the Resources and Information section. There are two refund schedules: one for grants/scholarships and one for loans.