DE Virtual Open House SP2012 : College of the Mainland Online
Virtual Open House Spring 2012
College of the Mainland's Distance Education Department hosts a Virtual Open House every semester to provide graduating high school seniors, their parents and other potential students with information about our course offerings and the Online Learning experience.
Prospective students can gain valuable insights into distance learning, and general information about other campus departments and services. Students are also able to personally interact with Blackboard Learn and experience an online course first hand.
Participants begin by accessing a Live Collaborate session:
- Log into Collaborate with a helpful username name of your choice, for example, JennyB.
- Once in the session, you will be able to ask questions by live chat.
- If you have a web cam and microphone, you can configure it using the wizard.
- During the session, you will be given credentials to log into Blackboard and test drive an online course.
- Start Collaborate!
Having trouble launching Collaborate? Perform a System check here: First Time Users, Step 1 & 2.
Logging into Blackboard.
- After logging into Blackboard with the credentials the LC session hosts provide, you can click on the English Composition - Test Drive link located in the My Courses module:
You will have full access to all of the course material and activities. You can submit an assignment, take a quiz - or interact with others by posting to the Discussions forum and more.
For more information about the event or upcoming VOH dates, please contact Distance Education: firstname.lastname@example.org
- A computer with Java installed.
- Firefox browser is recommended for accessing the Blackboard Learn server. Please visit Mozilla.com for this free download.
- Allow pop-ups from the Blackboard server de.com.edu on your web browser. For instructions, review How can I tell if my Pop-up Blocker is interfering?
- Internet connection (highspeed, broadband, cable or DSL is recommended).