DOL H-1B Gulf Coast Ready to Work Grant
DOL H-1B Gulf Coast Ready to Work (GCRTW)
Who is eligible to apply?
- Long-term unemployed individuals (27+ weeks)
- Unemployed: Without a job for fewer than 27 weeks, but not underemployed or long-term unemployed
- Underemployed: Lost job during or after recent recession beginning December 2007 and are no longer earning previous salary having only episodic, short-term or part-time employment
- Veterans: Must meet one of the above requirements
- Must be at least 18 years old to apply
- Must have at least a high school diploma or GED
- Individuals who are currently unemployed, who are employed part time and want and need full time work, or who are underemployed and need a family-sustaining wage.
Ask the GCRTW grant staff if you could qualify.
Is my financial status part of the eligibility process?
No, the focus is on individuals who meet the above criteria. If you’re not sure if you meet the eligibility criteria, talk to the grant staff.
What training programs are available through the H-1B GCRTW Grant?
- Mechanical Maintenance Technician
- CNC Machinist
- Lean Six Sigma
- Project Management
How can I learn about the programs being offered through this grant?
College of the Mainland hosts ongoing information sessions throughout the month for individuals that are interested in learning more about the industry, career path and salaries.
Free Job Training Information Sessions
|March 28||12:30-1:30 p.m.||Student Center|
|April 19 & 27||12:30-1:30 p.m.||Student Center|
|May 10||12:30-1:30 p.m.||Student Center|
What if COM does not offer programs that I am interested in?
COM is part of a group of four colleges working together on providing training through this grant. If COM does not have the program you want, you will be referred to another college. Partner colleges are San Jacinto College, Brazosport College and Lee College.
What do I need to do to get started?
All interested individuals must complete the DOL H-1B Gulf Coast Ready to Work application and email or fax it to the DOL H-1B GCRTW Grant staff.
*These programs are funded by a grant awarded and implemented by the U.S. Dept. of Labor Employment & Training Administration. The information contained in this product was created by the grantee organization and does not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Dept. of Labor. All references to non-governmental companies or organizations, their services, products or resources are offered for information purposes and should not be construed as an endorsement by the Department of Labor.
**The College district prohibits discrimination, including harassment, against any student on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability or any other basis prohibited by law.