Job and Internship Postings
Career Services publicizes positions (full-time, part-time, internship, etc.) in the following ways.
On our website
Go to www.com.edu/career-services/job-postings.php and click on Position Vacancy Submission Form. Once you submit the form, the information is reviewed by a member of the Career Services staff and then posted on the site. Positions are typically posted one to two days after submission, and kept for sixty (60) days from the date of posting.
Through contact with appropriate departments
If you are targeting certain majors, let us know, and we will notify the appropriate departments of employment opportunities with your organization.
On-Campus Recruiting and Interviewing
Throughout the year, employers have the opportunity to recruit students and/or conduct formal interviews on campus. One is not a requirement for the other, and we are happy to arrange your visit in a way that best meets your needs. Unless otherwise requested, recruiters will be located on the first floor of the Student Center (our most trafficked area). Interviews can be conducted in a private office aranged for by career services.
If you'd like to schedule a recruiting or interviewing event, contact the Career Services Department at 409-938-8524 or email email@example.com. The more notice we have of your event, the better we are able to publicize your visit.
Employer Policies for Use of Services
NACE and Equal Employment Opportunity
In order to provide fair and equitable services to our students and employers, the Career Center and its clients adhere to the following policies:
Employers must subscribe to the National Association of Colleges and Employer (NACE) Principles for Professional Conduct and to the Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) recruitment and employment guidelines and laws.
Right to Refuse Service
We reserve the right to refuse service to employers for factors such as the following:
- Misrepresentation by dishonest information or absence of information
- Complaints by students
- Harassment of COM students, alumni or staff
- Breach of confidentiality
- Requiring, at the time of application, personal information such as bank account and Social Security numbers
- Positions not likely of interest to college students or alumni
- Excessive outlay of personal funding required to obtain the position
- Failure to adhere to Career Services' policies and/or any violation of COM rules and regulations and local, state or federal laws.
We also reserve the right to refuse service to third-party recruiters.
Third-party recruiters are agencies, organizations or individuals recruiting candidates for employment opportunities other than for their own needs. Third-party recruiters using COM Career Services are expected to follow the same policies and procedures established for recruiters representing their own organization. In addition, third-party recruiters are expected to adhere to several specific practices to ensure open and accurate communication with COM students.
Career Services will provide assistance to third-party agencies only when a third-party recruiter meets the following conditions:
- Meets the NACE and EEO policies and laws described above.
- Charges no fees to the candidate.
- Reveals to Career Services the identity of the employer being represented and the nature of the relationship between the agency and the employer and permits the Career Center to verify this information by contacting the named client.
- If requested, provides a position description to Career Services for valid openings.
On-Campus Interviews and Career Fairs: Third-party recruiters are allowed to interview on campus or participate in career fairs when the above conditions are met. Career Services may require the name of the employer being represented to be identified on all announcements.
Referrals: By policy, Career Services typically releases résumés to direct hire employers only. However, résumé referrals may be processed for search firms if the name and location of the hiring company is disclosed and there is permission for Career Services to verify this information by contacting the named client. In order to process a résumé referral, we need a job description and the name of the hiring company.
Job Postings: Third-party recruiters may provide job announcements to COM Career Services for posting. Posting is not to be construed as sanction, approval or recommendation of recruiters.